Deciding to sleep coach is a big decision. Often parents feel like they've been 'reactively' parenting during the night, and can't go on any longer the way things are.
It's ok to want better sleep for you, your family, and your baby! Kricket will help you create a plan unique to your family's needs, goals, and parenting style.
Sleep coaching packages include an assessment, consultation, custom sleep plan, and essential support; ranging from group coaching to in-home, overnight coaching!
Starting at $150
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes 2 medical doctors, a psychologist, an attorney, lactation counselor, postpartum doulas and a family therapist. Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a "the Sleep Lady") who has been helping tired parents for over 17 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of the training included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques to help parents of children ago 0 to 6 years old
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children's Sleep Center
- GERD and Sleep led by Dr. Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroentrologist
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series specifically focused on how to gently work with babies 4 ad 5 months of age. This program, which your Certified Gentle Sleep Coach has also completed, consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship. Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being
- Current evidence based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and fall and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby
This special training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education, and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age, in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.
Your Certified Gentle Sleep Coach, Kricket Michelle Nacy, entered the advanced training program in May 2016.